Thrive is looking for dynamic urban designers to join our expanding teams in both Romsey and Portishead. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who has a passion to create amazing outdoor spaces for residential and community spaces.
Summary of Role
The role includes carrying out and overseeing the preparation of conceptual urban design and planning work, feasibility studies, masterplanning, development briefs, design strategies and other design documents. Working with a wider team, this person will manage delegated projects in respect of timescales and client liaison.
For more senior experienced role, you would be expected to effectively manage the distribution of work to the team and work closely with the directors and associate directors on the programming of projects.
Key Attributes & Skills Needed
- Minimum of 2+ years’ (3-5 for more senior level) of UK based experience working in an architectural practice on residential/mixed-use projects for national house builders or housing developers
- Recognised Urban design qualification and passion for creating great spaces
- Good attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture
- Proficient communicator both verbally and written with good hand drawing skills
- Ability to work independently but also a team participant
- Good proficiency in using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, AutoCAD and/or Sketchup rendering/visualisation packages
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Desire to progress and carry out CPD
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements – part office based/part WFH
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas week
- Company pension scheme
- Modern open plan studio environment
- Regular social events
- Good CPD programme and opportunity for progression
- Convenient location with free parking on site
Thrive Architects actively encourages career development and is an equal opportunities employer.